Thursday 6 October 2011

Pan's Labyrinth

Okay so this year seems to be going just as badly as last year in terms of my project! I am woefully far behind in watching films - although I am being a lot better about posting up reviews (even if this one is a month late!)

I suppose part of the reason it has taken me so long to write this is that I wasn't a huge fan of the film. Yes it was magical and mystical, and I think had the potential to be simply wonderful.

I suppose I didn't really appreciate how difficult Ofelia's life was that resulted in her over active imagination. If you compare with say Mathilda in Leon you get so much more of the backstory that helps you understand the character so much more.

I also had difficulties with the "pitchfork" ending, but I won't spoil it for anyone who does actually want to see it.

By all means it's worth seeing but it wouldn't make by top 100.

No comments:

Post a Comment